BROWNE INNOVATION GROUP

Monday, May 26, 2014

BIG’s Blog: Busy Being Born?

“Ability is what you’re capable of.
Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it.”
-Lou Holtz

Successful professional fundraisers’ abilities have never been questioned until recently. But when the very foundational fundraising methodologies, the way they have done their jobs for decades, is being digitally disrupted, boards and leadership are raising questions. Yet the only hurdle for professional fundraisers is to learn something new. And, truth be told, they have been doing that throughout their professional careers.

Ah, but the rub may be motivation. If I am in my late 50s or 60s, am I really motivated to expend the effort learning something like the new online digital world that I perceive as so different from what I know today?

And then there’s my attitude. Which will it be in learning new things?  Reluctantly and begrudgingly or, enthusiastically?

Here is some motivation, because …
“He’s not busy being born is busy dying.”
-Bob Dylan

And those words apply to both people and organizations.


-Mike

Welcome to BIG's Blog!  Please feel free to forward this post to your friends and coworkers...and email me a comment at: mike@big-db.com

No comments:

Post a Comment