BROWNE INNOVATION GROUP

Friday, December 13, 2013

BIG’s Blog: I’ve got a friend who . . .

I’ve got a friend named Cindy who is about my age (I’m 60). Cindy refuses to get a smartphone. Why? Because she says she doesn’t want to be bothered with work after she leaves work.

Cindy is convinced that as soon as she can pick up emails and texts on her phone that all hell will break loose and she’ll be expected to be connected 24/7/365.

I’m not saying that Cindy’s excuse isn’t real in her own mind, but I wonder . . . what is her real hang-up???

Besides, what message is she communicating to her boss? She could just say, “Look, don’t expect me to respond to an email or a text in two minutes at 10 o’clock at night.” But don’t you think that her boss knows her cell phone number?

Do you work with any Cindys?

In fact, are you a Cindy?

When the boss won’t get a smartphone, what does that say to the rest of your staff about their future? Or worse . . . what if the boss has a smartphone but your Website stinks and it isn’t optimized for mobile?



Join us.
-Mike
Welcome to BIG's Blog!  Please feel free to forward this post to your friends and coworkers...and email me a comment at: mike@big-db.com

No comments:

Post a Comment