BROWNE INNOVATION GROUP

Thursday, August 30, 2012

BIG’s Blog: Transaction vs. Interaction

I think I am pretty typical of the Baby Boomer generation.

Take One: You show up at my door and I don’t know you. I am suspicious. Then you tell me your story about your mission and ask me for money. Though you are polite, there is a sense of urgency.

Take Two: You show up at my door and I don’t know you. I am suspicious. Then you introduce yourself and tell me you hope we meet again. Somewhere down the road you run into me and we strike up a conversation. Part of the conversation is sharing your story about your mission. Somewhere down the road we meet again. I have actually gone online and checked out your mission. I ask you if I can help.

Take One is the way of fundraising that is not resonating with the Boomers or younger generational cohorts anymore. The focus is on the transaction.

Take Two is the way of fundraising that is quickly gaining traction and growing. The focus is on human interaction.


-Mike

Welcome to BIG's Blog!  Please feel free to forward this post to your friends and coworkers...and email me a comment at: mike@big-db.com

No comments:

Post a Comment